<body>

Friday, September 05, 2008

Book Tour, Day #3



Before leaving Chicago today, I went to the Barnes & Noble near my hotel. I have heard of writers going into stores to see how their books are displayed. I vowed to myself never to be so crazy as to worry about such things and leave the book selling to the book-selling professionals. Of course, I found my book--"Only the spines are showing!"--and turned one so the front cover was facing store gazers. I also wanted to take a couple copies and put them in the "Local Interest" section at the front of the store. Red Grange is a Chicago icon! Despite an urge to put my book on the table with its Chicago brothers and sisters, I decided against it because a security guard was eyeing me suspiciously and following me around...

I drove to Champaign-Urbana, home of the University of Illinois. Once in C-U, I went on The Afternoon Magazine with Celeste Quinn, a radio show on WILL, an NPR affiliate. Celeste asked some great questions. Click here to listen in. (My interview, about 12 minutes in length, starts about a 1/4 of the way through.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home